Lest you think that cloud-based computing is brand new, shared computer processing and data storage resources actually have been around in one form or another for more than 40 years. However, in the last decade, migration to the cloud is happening faster and faster.
According to a study by the Cloud Security Alliance, 33% of organizations have a “full steam ahead” attitude toward cloud services and 86% of companies spend at least part of their IT budget on cloud services. 79% of IT leaders receive regular requests from end users each month to buy more cloud applications, with file sharing and collaboration, communication, social media and content sharing topping the list of the most-requested services.
The benefits of a cloud-based system include:
- High computing power and performance
- Greatly reduced total cost of services
- No capital expenditures
- Scalability and flexibility
- Anytime, anywhere access
- Automatic software updates
- Better security and threat management
- And last, but certainly not least – true business continuity.
As finance news publication FSN put it, “The advantages of moving to the Cloud are well-established. The notion that somebody else can do the heavy lifting when it comes to provisioning applications and infrastructure is appealing for organizations that wish to focus on their core business and avoid the distractions of information technology.”
In similar fashion, what if you could find someone to do the heavy lifting involved in a digital signage solution? And what would you think if that work involved not just technology, but everything that comes with planning, implementing and running a program? That’s what Digital Signage as a Service (DSaaS) is all about.
Much more than content management, DSaaS is all-inclusive and takes the guesswork out of choosing the right vendors and technologies for your digital signage program. It delivers the entire ecosystem required to launch, operate, measure and maintain digital signage – all offered as a single solution and billed on a per-month basis. Components of DSaaS include:
- The strategy behind your digital signage program: why it makes sense for your company and where it fits into your business and marketing goals and strategies
- Hardware for displays and software required to manage and run the network
- Content design that fits your brand and gets your message across
- Content management, distribution and automated workflow to develop and deliver your messages
- API integration to connect programs and data
- Installation of your digital signage and systems
- Continuous monitoring to make sure your signage is up and running at all times
- Service and support to take care of any problems that arise
- Reporting and analytics to ensure that your digital signage program is meeting your goals.
If you’re considering digital signage for your business, or already have a network deployed, you’re probably aware of its tangible benefits: increases in sales, brand awareness and repeat customers chief among them. With DSaaS, you gain another significant benefit: eliminating the technology capabilities gap in your organization. The dramatic, fast-moving and ever-changing nature of technology tends to create a gap between an organizational expertise and the latest technology developments in hardware, software and services. DSaaS eliminates this gap and allows you to concentrate on your core business and while continuing to leverage the latest digital signage technology to drive your business.
DSaaS unleashes the benefits of digital signage through a comprehensive, soup-to-nuts service offering that makes it easier for you to establish the program you want. Cloud and the “as a Service” model have been fundamentally changing countless industries for years. It is time to do the same for Digital Signage. Talk with us about doing the heavy lifting for you and creating a solution that provides the results you’re looking for.
Want to learn more about best practices for implementing enterprise digital signage?
Download our whitepaper on The Digital Media Iceberg.